Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Guest Blog Posts Theme: PIc #7



By Elaine Gingrich:

“My friend Glenda and I took photos of her irresistible peonies, blooming in meek expectancy near her door, just a couple weeks before she herself slipped through Heaven’s gate, leaving my heart longing to breach the barrier between. I long to live with the meek beauty of these blossoms, radiant with expectancy.”



Elaine and I have connected through our common love of word craft, and our friendship has deepened through our “sistership” as daughters of God. I was in a writers’ group with Elaine back when I was a young mom and going through some difficult seasons of loss and depression. She made sure I was “doing okay” and became my mentor without either of us, I think, intentionally making it happen. I view it as a gift to treasure. Elaine creates her “photos” mostly with words, through poetry. She thinks and feels deeply. I love the way her poems exude gentle wisdom and hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment